Saturday 26 January 2013

Grilled Chicken


Yesterday it was time to try the charcoal I made last week.

I picked up three chickens at the local market and cleaned them. Made a marinade from crushed black peppercorns, sugar, salt, lime and palm oil and coverered the chickens with it. A few handfulls of garlic, chilis and red onions was mixed with the rest of the marinade and stuffed inside the chickens.

Then I fired up my barrel grill with the newly made charcoal, and when it was ready the three birds was put indside and the lid closed.

A good friend showed up, and the next 90 minutes was spend talking and enjoying a few cold beers - which might be the reason I forgot to take a picture of the finished result. But I guarantee you, that these were the best grilled chickens I have made so far. Crisp on the outside, juicy and tender inside and very tasty and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment